Utah Reaching Celebrity Status…
Posted on November 15, 2017
PricewaterhouseCoopers and Urban Land Institute recently released their 2018 Emerging Trends in Real Estate report and the Salt Lake City real estate market is the #3 market to watch in 2018. This is obviously a very nice feather in the proverbial CRE hat of Utah.
You can find some of the highlights from that report and a link to the article below. A few of the interesting points are as follows:
- The SLC market ranked #3 on the list of US Markets to Watch in 2018. This was based on a poll of 78 markets polling over 1,600 real estate experts.
- SLC is the smallest real estate market to make the top 10 list
- The SLC market ranked 1st for investment opportunity, as well as office and retail buy recommendations.
- The SLC market ranked 2nd for multifamily buy recommendations.
- Authors attributed SLC’s high rankings in part to the market’s large millennial population, amount of real estate investment, strong economy, growing tech sector, and cost to do business.
- Concerning development opportunity, the SLC market ranked 10th citing lower investor demand and the ability to secure capital for investment and development as more difficult than in other markets.
SLC Overview in Buildling SLC
Emerging Trends in Real Estate Report